- This event has passed.
Lamaze Childbirth Preparation Class
April 20 @ 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
The Brooklyn Birthing Center is excited to partner with Robin Douthit, LCCE, CD(DONA), CLC, MA to offer childbirth classes for expectant mothers. Robin currently teaches childbirth preparation and newborn care classes at NYU Langone Medical Center, Tribeca Pediatrics, privately, and formerly at Mount Sinai East.
This accelerated one day Childbirth Preparation Class is based in Lamaze’s 6 Healthy Birth Practices:
– Let labor begin on it’s own
– Walk, move, and change positions during labor
– Bring a loved one, friend or doula for support to your labor
– Avoid unnecessary interventions
– Birth (push baby out) in an upright position
– Let mothers have skin to skin time immediately after birth to promote bonding and breastfeeding
Expecting parents will gain a complete, clear, and uncomplicated understanding of birth and how to approach their birthing experience confidently equipped with up to date, evidence-based information and options. The cost for the accelerated one day course is $325.00. Click here to sign up.
Learn more about Robin on our staff page or you can contact her directly with any questions at email@example.com.